Whether it’s the “vroom vroom” of the blender at home or the noise of your siblings or children or even your electricity provider’s decision to cut off power supply at any time , there are countless occurrences that can reduce your efficiency as a remote worker working from home. The factors that could affect your productivity are endless and are often left to chance when working from home. There is a continuous rise in the number of remote workers and remote jobs available and while many of those in this population work from their homes, some have now seen reason to make use of co-working spaces.
Globally, 52% of workers work from home at least once every week.
In this blog post, we’ll share with you some of the reasons why you should decide to use a co-working space as opposed to your living room.
- Increased productivity: If all the distractions and limitations aforementioned are eliminated, imagine how much better work will be. In an environment set aside for work, work is more likely to get done than in an environment that serves multiple purposes. With availability of constant electricity, high speed unlimited internet and a serene environment dedicated to work, you get more work done in a shorter time.
- Network and community: Moving out of your comfort zone to work from a co-working space increases your chances of meeting other people with similar interests as you. Constant friendly interaction, no matter how little, could brighten your day and help to build your network. It’s definitely better than being cooped up in your house all day.
- Saves cost: At first, you might not entirely agree with this but it is true. With a co-working space, you cut down on the cost of internet subscriptions, electricity bills or fuel supply for generators. With very affordable co-working spaces like Nithubs’ which cost two thousand naira only, a dollar equivalent of less than four dollars, you save a lot of money!
- Structure: There’s nothing like a co-working space to help you separate work from home. You can set up a structure for your days where you work only within certain hours of the day at the co-working space and when you leave, the day’s work is done to be continued the next day. This helps to set clear boundaries between work and other areas of life and could potentially enhance your efficiency, not only at work but also at home.
- Flexibility and ease of scaling up: With co-working spaces, you could work as a team in one space and this allows your company to scale up when it is most convenient and economically wise to do so. This is because you could still function as any company normally would without worrying about the costs of renting out an office that is not crucial to the functioning of the company.
A co-working space is every remote worker’s dream even if they don’t realize it yet. The benefits are unmatched and priceless. If you’re still in doubt, you could try out our co-working space located in UNILAG, Lagos. It’s very affordable with 24/7 electricity, high speed unlimited internet, ergonomic chairs and the best community! A day or two with us will only cause you to return.